I was so ill over the past week, taking 2 days of MC out of work to rest at home.. yet still somewhat not recovered. Anyways, so over the weekends I was suppose to attend my first ever marathon but because I’m still sick, I was stuck at home for the whole afternoon instead. So other than happily watching suits, I decided to bake something simple since it was such a long time since I did.. and these babies turn out to be so good, I couldn’t resist sharing it immediately on the blog.
So butter cookies are pretty much anyone’s favorite, I prefer crispy (not too powdery) crunchy texture, with that flavorful butter essence floating in your mouth at every bite! And this recipe is just that. It’s really really good. But yes, the photos don’t really do it justice because I didn’t want to refrigerate the cookie dough to make pretty cookies shapes, nor did I have the time to sprinkle stuff on it to make it pretty (look at the directions below), but oh wells, here’s good ol’ butter cookies with the taste that counts 🙂
Danish Butter Cookies Recipe
Adapted and modified from here
230g unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk
2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the egg yolk until well incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl at least once.
- Add the flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment.
- Drop moulds of batter with your hands or you can pipe them for some pattern.
- Alternatively, you can refrigerate the dough for a few hours till its not sticky and more firm. Then you can roll it out and use cookie cutters to make them pretty 🙂
- Also, you can sprinkle colored sugar on the top to complete the look!