It’s been such a long time since I posted on this blog, but that’s because of school. Have been having a really hectic month at school because of exams, but I’m glad that finals are over! Although I’m starting my internship next week.. I shall leave that ranting for another post.
Anyhow, I’m really enjoying my summer break now (albeit only 1 week) before internship starts. And one of my enjoyment would be baking more goodies! So here’s a really really easy, yet yummilicious recipe with the legendary nutella that everyone loves! It’s so easy to make, it will make a very good first recipe for those who haven’t tried baking before 🙂
Adapted and modified from source
(Makes 10 cupcakes)
1 3/4 cups (230g) all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 lb (140g) butter, softened
3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
3 medium eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 tablespoons of Nutella (it’s really up to you)
Preheat oven to 160C/320F, then line muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking spray.
1. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream together softened butter and sugar until texture is light (for about 3 mins)
3. Add eggs and vanilla and continue mixing.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients to mixture and mix well.
5. Fill each liner 3/4 full with cupcake mixture.
6. Top each cupcake with a tablespoon of Nutella. (or more if you like)
7. Use a toothpick (or a skewer) to swirl Nutella into the batter***.
8. Bake for 20 minutes and let cupcakes cool in muffin tin for 20 mins.
***I only twirled the top portion of mine, so only the top has designs while the bottom remains pure cake, this gives a frosting type of cupcake. However, you could opt to swirl the whole cake, such that both the top and the bottom has that swirl effect and the Nutella would be incorporated throughout the cake. That was what I did the previous time.
I would be posting a lot more entries over the next few days: more places to intro y’all for the best best best food, and more tantalizing recipes awaits. Till then, stay hungry! ❤