It’s no deny that I’m a banana fan. There’s so many variations of dessert that you can do with bananas (check out my Chocolate Banana Recipe), but what’s better that the good ol’ banana cake? That’s just going back to the basic goodness of bananas. So I searched the net very carefully for a recipe that seems promising, and I tried this one after reading all the good comments.
Adapted from source, and modified.
2.5-3 Eggs (Room temp – Approx 150g)
130g Sugar (Reduced, original-150g)
250g Banana (Ripe & cut into small pcs)
150g Plain Flour (or cake flour)
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
100g Vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
Grease & line a 8″ round tin with paper. (I used a slightly bigger square tin instead)
1. Sieve flour, baking powder & soda together. Sieve twice & set aside.
2. Whisk eggs, sugar & banana at max. speed till ribbon stage, for about 12 mins.
3. Fold in flour & mix well with spatular or hand.
4. Add in oil & mix well till batter is shiny & flowing.
5. Pour into tin and decorate with slices of banana if you want.
5. Bake for 40 – 45mins.
6. Turn up the heat to 180 degree C for next 5 mins to give the top a slight crunch and a nice brown color!
So sorry for the poor photos, I baked this cake during school term and simply couldn’t be bothered to take nice photos. But trust me, it tastes so so much nicer than it looks. EVERYONE complimented it, even the old adults who aren’t fond of sweet food loved it. Because its really rich in banana but yet not too sweet that you’ll get sick of it. Definitely going to bake this again soon!
|| Still in the midst of the school term now, so I’m pretty busy. Hence the slow updating on the blog! But do stay tuned to the next post about the top 5 eats in KL (revised version), where I update the good food in kl after my recent weekend trip! Hopefully i’ll find time to update it before exams. Till then ❤ ||