The second photo was really messy cause we started to dive into the cake after the first photo was taken, and we couldn’t take a good shot of the molten choc part. So for the next piece of cake, we broke it open to show only the inner goodness (:
Baking difficulty: Super easy!
Taste review: Die die must bake!
Tastes exactly like those in restaurants (namely chili’s), and what more can you ask for? Do remember to have it with ice cream for that 5/5 pleasure!
The mighty Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- 115g Semi-Sweet Chocolate (I used hershey’s choc chips)
- 115g butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg- YOLK ONLY
- 6 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate and butter. Microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Whisk until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and whisk till combined.
- Add the 3 WHOLE eggs and 1 egg YOLK, whisk till combined.
- Add 6 tbsp of flour and whisk until combined again.
- Liberally spray 4 small (1 cup) custard cups with cooking spray, and evenly fill with batter.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven for 13-15 minutes until the outer edges are set and the center is soft set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes before inverting onto a plate.*I topped it with vanilla ice cream and drizzle on hershey’s chocolate syrup!